Advantages and disadvantages of asphalt shingle roofing
Many homeowners are looking to re-roof their homes on a determined budget; people seek for roofing options that can add a beautiful look and weather tightness to their property. There are two types of asphalt shingles the client can choose from, which are organic and fiberglass. Whether you decide to install organic shingles or fiber glass shingles, you need to know first about the overall asphalt shingle roofing pros and cons.
Next you will learn about the advantages and disadvantages of asphalt shingle roofing to help you decide if this modern and in style roofing option is the one that fits your needs better.
- Cost effectiveness: Asphalt shingle roofing is the most economical option for you! Its high level of protection will guarantee to last an average of 12 to 17 years, all for a price that will not exceed your budget.
- Variety: Asphalt shingles come in an assortment of vivid colors like red, yellow, green and blue. There are many different patterns available for you, which will add a unique and attractive appeal to your property.
- Easy of install: Asphalt shingle roofing are light-weight and can be installed in almost any roof with no need to use additional support, this makes the installation process faster and easier for any knowledgeable contractor.
- High Maintenance: Asphalt shingles can get damaged when installed at freezing temperatures; are susceptible to wind uplift and are not resistant to extreme temperatures.
- Non environmental friendly: Shingles manufacturing waste a lot of energy and can not be recycled.
- Non resistant to heat: Shingles can get cracked and loose color when exposed to extreme heat.
If you need more information about asphalt shingle roofing or need help with any roofing installation project contact now Jireh general contractors to assist you with high quality material and great customer service.